Thursday, August 9, 2012

9 Years Ago Today...


Exactly 9 years ago today, I married my best friend and the love of my life, Jeff. Over the past few weeks, I've been reflecting back to that time of my life; back when life was at an all-time high, back before I had lost any of my grandparents, back before my mom was sick. Life was simple. Life was happy. Life was good.


It brings tears to my eyes to see pictures of my mom at that time and remember what a great friend and mother she was. She truly was one of my best friends. I could talk to her about anything. I am grateful that I have had her as my mother. Not a day goes by that I don't miss her for the way she once was.

Life is precious. In an instant, everything can change. You never know when your time will end (or the time of someone you love). Take advantage of every day. Don't put off for tomorrow what you could do today. Make those memories now. Don't let the day pass without telling those you love how you feel about them. Forgive; life is too short to hold a grudge. Live without regrets.

2 comments:

  1. Seeing these pics also make me sad. I was there that day, and remember how lively and happy your mom was. Life can definitely change in an instant. I have experienced this myself. Once when we lost grandma, the second when we lost grandpa just 6 weeks later, and then when we lost our baby son. Life is so fragile, and you are so right when you say do not put off today what you can do today. I have many regrets in that deparment in reference to the above situations. But, we live and we learn. The important thing is we learn, or the whole experience goes to waste.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Do not put off tomorrow what you can do today." That's what I meant, but I am sure you meant that. :)

    ReplyDelete