Thursday, September 21, 2017

World Alzheimer's Awareness Day

Did you know that today is World Alzheimer's Awareness Day? Even though Mom didn't have Alzheimer's, I'm wearing purple for her today. Alzheimer's is the most common form of dementia, accounting for over 50% of all dementia cases, but there aren't awareness days for the lesser known forms. So I'm counting today as a dementia awareness day as well.

Also, in honor of World Alzheimer's Awareness Month, Chatbooks has created a special book that can be ordered called "What Matters Most". I ordered one with pictures of my mom, but I think I'm going to go back and order another one with pictures of my family and the people who matter most to me. The awesome part about this book is that for every book they sell, Chatbooks is donating $1 to Alzheimer's research at Brigham Young University's Alzheimer's Research Department. It's really a win-win; you get a beautiful, meaningful book and a portion of your money goes to research. You can check it out by visiting their website here. They also have an app and if you have an Instagram account, you can set it up to automatically print out your pictures in a book every time you reach 60 photos. I do this and have several volumes of Chatbooks now, filled with pictures and memories. I never have to think about uploading to a photo center or organizing them in albums; I love it!

Another great place to donate, in honor of Alzheimer's Awareness Month, is at The DEANA Foundation ;)

I am challenging all of you to make a social media post today about World Alzheimer's (*and dementia*) Awareness! If you don't know what to post, just share this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment