Friday, June 13, 2014

Walk To End Alzheimer’s 2014

It’s that time of year again! The time that I begin my fundraising for The Walk to End Alzheimer’s. Actually, I’m behind on getting started with this. Time to get on the ball!

As many of you know, my family has formed “Team Dee” and we walk every year for the Alzheimer’s Association in honor of my mom. We have a lot of fun doing it and it’s a way that we all rally together in support of mom and each other. We always make it fun by having a little friendly competition. My dad, Aunt and myself always compete to see who can raise the most money. As of right now, my Aunt is kicking all of our butts ;) It’s always a close finish but somehow I still end up on the bottom of the three of us. I have, however, been a successful champion each year (meaning I’ve raised over $500). Our team has been on the top family fundraising list and we DID win an award last year for the Best Dressed team…we will defend our title again this year!

DSCN4687On a more serious note, this Organization is a blessing to many lives. For the families affected by Alzheimer’s and dementia, the Alzheimer’s Association provides resources, research, support groups, respite care, etc at no cost to the family. With the overwhelming costs already associated with this disease, this lightens the burden at least a little. They wouldn’t be able to provide so much without the generous donations of others. It is a very worthy cause and organization to contribute to. If you feel inclined to make a donation, please visit my personal page and donate to me. If you like my dad or another team member better, you can donate to either of them and I’ll try not to get my feelings hurt ;) BUT…if you do donate, please make sure it is on one of our personal pages rather than on the team page; if it’s on the team page no individual gets credit for it and we’re all working for our t-shirts and medals!

We are always welcoming anyone who wants to join our team, you don’t have to be family to walk with us!! If you are uncomfortable with fundraising, you don’t even have to do fundraising (although this is the primary purpose of the walk). My point is, if you want to join in support, it’s very low key and we’d love to have you on our team! We would especially love more family to join with us…we have lots from dad’s family joining us, ironically nobody yet from mom’s…hint hint ;) Sign up today!!

If you’d like to donate to this cause, please visit my page by clicking here!

No comments:

Post a Comment