Monday, January 6, 2014

Thank You

 

I’m a little late on this post. But I wanted to extend a sincere thank you to all of those who ordered from last month’s fundraiser. The English toffee was a huge success. I received over 30 pounds in orders and over $400 was raised. That’s a good start! This month we will be searching more diligently for a caregiver. It’s going to cost a pretty penny and I’m happy to be able to help my dad with whatever I can. So many of you have contributed and are helping us to make it possible to keep my mom at home. The English Toffee tastes amazing, but I know many of you ordered simply to be able to help and it means more than you know!

And thank you to my sister, Christina, for helping me make some of this toffee. Don’t be fooled by the picture…my brother only helped in taste testing. Ha ha. Thank you to my wonderful sister-in-law, Natalie, who grated all of the chocolate bars (for the last batches) for me, even though standing on her feet at 30 weeks pregnant wears her out. That is my least favorite part of making the toffee. I appreciated the help!

toffee

During the holiday season, I always like to stop and think about my blessings. Of course I do this all year round, but most especially at Christmas time. Though the journey is hard, we do have a lot to be thankful for. There are many people who give up their time to come over and “babysit” my mom. Others have taken it upon themselves to come over and mow my dad’s yard, do some light housekeeping or drop by meals now and then, just to make the burden a little bit lighter. You all know who you are. I am thankful for each one of you for helping to lighten our load. There’s no way I can ever repay your kindness, except to return this service to others along the road. Thank you all for everything you do.

And now…it’s time to think about my next fundraiser. I have something awesome in mind; I need to work out the details. It’s big, and I worry so much about failure. But one can never succeed without trying! Many people have contacted me asking me if they can help. I am always open to suggestions!

Thank you all again!

1 comment:

  1. This is very sweet of you, Cassandra. I’m sure your dad is very happy. It’s not easy, both physically and financially, to look for a trusted caregiver. It will take time, but with your love and support, there’s no doubt that you’ll find one soon.

    Demetrius @ HomeCareSugarLand.com

    ReplyDelete