Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Walk To End Alzheimer's 2014

This past weekend was the annual Walk To End Alzheimer's in our area. It is our 3rd year participating as Team Dee. I was really looking forward to this year, as it was the first year that all 3 of us kids participated together in the walk. All the grandkids were present (except for the ones away at school) and for me, walking together in this cause helped me to feel the love and unity for my mom. Maybe it seems silly...my brother isn't quite so sentimental. But I feel like it was a great show of support to join in this together. I'm so glad that everyone could make it together.

We also had one of mom's siblings there this year which was awesome. Our group is growing each year!

This is the first year that Maurina (my oldest daughter) wasn't able to attend. We missed her being there but I mailed her a shirt and she wore it proudly on the day of the walk! She was with us in spirit :)

My dad, Aunt and I were returning champions and we wore our medals with pride.

My friend, Mickelle, joined our team last year and returned again this year. She graduated high school with my sister; they were freshmen when I was a senior. All of 3 of us sang in our high school's madrigals choir. Anyway, the 3 of us were given the opportunity to sing The National Anthem at the opening ceremonies of the walk. It was an honor to be able to sing and fun to get up and perform again. I can't figure out how to post it here on my blog...maybe I'll post it on my facebook page for those who really want to see it ;) Here are some pictures though.

Of course our team won the award for the Most Spirited Team at the walk. Was there any question? Ha ha.

And here are a few more fun pictures.

I just want to say thank you to everyone who has supported us this year. Thank you to all of Team Dee for making it so much fun. My Aunt Peggy, Aunt Sharon and Uncle David, who have joined me all 3 years as well as my sister-in-law Amber and her family. This year my Aunt Claudia and her husband came as well as my mother-in-law. And of course Mickelle and her mom, Rosemarie, and my siblings. And thank you to everyone who donated to this cause that is so near and dear to our hearts. What a great show of support we have each year!

No comments:

Post a Comment