Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Blue Tuesday

I was going to write a completely different post today, but my head is in a different place. So here it goes.

I try not to post a lot of negativity on my blog. I try to write in a positive, uplifting and encouraging manner. I try not to let dementia get me down and I try not to feel sorry for myself; there are millions of other people out there who have lost their moms at a young age. But some days are just harder than others to keep smiling.

Today is just one of those days. Last night I was a bit emotional over some things, and as I lay in bed holding back the urge to cry, I turned to my husband and said,

"I wish I had my mom to talk to. She would know the right thing to say to me."

There's just something about a mother's love that compares to none else. My mom was the kind of mom who was always there to lend a listening ear and support. She would tell me the truth-even if I was in the wrong-but I knew she loved me and I always felt like she had everything figured out. Sometimes I feel a little lost without her; it's hard to figure things out on my own.

So, for those of you reading this post who still have a mother around, give her a call. Tell her you love her. Tell her how much she means to you. You never know what time you have left, and you never how much that time means until it's gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment