Monday, July 9, 2012

A Must Read

A couple of posts ago, I mentioned a book that I had read which has helped me tremendously on this journey. I would like to share that book with my readers. If you have a loved one who is suffering from dementia, I highly recommend you reading this book. You can order it through Amazon by clicking on the link below (sorry, there is no web version available as of yet):

This book takes you through the journey of dementia (by sharing one woman's story of caring for her husband) and provides resources for the different issues you will inevitably face with this disease. I admit, there are parts of this book that are hard to read. It's difficult to read about what is to come. However, I feel that it is necessary to know what to expect so that I can prepare myself mentally, physically and emotionally. I need to be a strength to my mom and to my family; this book has helped me to gain a realistic perspective and prep for the future. Susan shares her story in simple terms; it is an easy read. I started reading this book on a Friday night and finished by late Saturday afternoon. I cannot say enough good things about this book. In my opinion, it is a MUST read for any and all who are affected by this terrible illness.

No comments:

Post a Comment