Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Got make-up?

Mom is becoming somewhat of a hoarder. If you are a regular reader then you have probably read my posts about her addiction to Bath & Body Works. Her hoarding doesn't stop at Bath & Body Works products. If she doesn't have at least 2 gallons of milk in the fridge or 3 full jars of jelly on hand or 3 loaves of bread on the counter, she doesn't have enough. Her make-up in another problem.

For days, mom has been hounding dad to take her to buy more make-up. While I was at her house yesterday, dad came home (I'll share all of yesterday's adventures in another post) and dad asked me if I could help him organize her make-up drawer, since I am the "master organizer" of the family. As he started pulling her make-up out of her drawer, I started chuckling. I just couldn't pass up the opportunity to capture this on camera. Do you think she needs more make-up??


She had at least a dozen mascaras (not counting the ones we tossed), almost that many foundations, probably close to 3 dozen eyeshadows and just as many lip products. I lost track of how many eye sponges and brushes she had. When all of the contents of her drawer were scattered out onto the counter, I gave her drawer a good wipe down; it was covered in broken bits of eyeshadow and loose face powder. I washed off each of her make-up items, organized them back in the drawer, and tossed a lot of empty tubes and broken packages. This was the end result.


I'm not sure how long it will stay this neat and organized. But one thing is for sure: if the world went mad tomorrow and make-up was no longer available, mom would have her supply to last a lifetime...and then some!!

No comments:

Post a Comment